Friday, November 12, 2010

Being a Mum

I thought I knew what it was to be a mum, I thought it would always be easy and lots of fun.
I thought I knew what to do and when, I thought I'd never make a mistake, get angry or swear.

But I was wrong, being a Mum is so much more.
Being a Mum is a full time job, you do the same things each day until you yourself have a baby brain.
You drool and gaga and soon to follow you eat the food your baby won't swallow, so right now I'm living on mashed potato.

Being Mum is always being tired, getting up at all hours of the night, you creep and crawl back to your slumber just to be woken as soon as your head hits the pillow.

You so blindly shower still asleep and make a mistake of brushing your teeth with something like nappy rash cream... yes and you thought geez that toothpaste taste funky.

So with bum cream mouth and your extreme fatigue you move on to the next agenda for that morning. You bath your bub and put on the right creams, then it's time for that wonderful rice cereal.

At the end of breakfast you look like you need another shower, as the baby has spat and drooled and spewed all over you! You can smell something and not quite sure, is it me or feet or has the baby done an explosion

So I set him down once again and change his bum and put on the cream.
I walk away with poo on my hands,
such a delight and it hasn't even got to 9am yet
Just another morning for mum which started at 5am!!

All in all everything that happens and all that comes.
I'm happy to be a mum,
because whilst I get pooed and spewed on.
And spat at and peed on,
I get the smiles, the laughs and cries.

I get kisses and cuddles and stares and findings of all which a baby can only offer.
My heart is full of love and laughter,
my tiredness and fatigue, the bags under my eyes, the fine wrinkles appearing
are all signs of the wonderful life I have with my son.
He makes me happy and I love him, and I know how much he loves me,
with every offering he gives to me,
whether in the form of a soiled nappy or spewy clothes
and then the special stuff like cuddling in when it's time to have go nigh night!

Being a Mum is not easy, it can be quite hard,
the hardest job in the world? YES
The messiest job in the world? YES
The Best job in the world? Definitely YES

I love being Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment