Sunday, August 22, 2010

Romance

Ah Spring Fever, the season of Romance. Does that mean when the winter snap breaks we will all be roaming around in a bubble of bliss.

I'm all for romance, I think I'm somewhat of a hopeless romantic. My favourite movie is 'Sleepless in Seattle', followed closely by the 'The Notebook'. But these movies give up false idolisation's of how our man should be. I'm forever fantasying that one day Robbie will sit down and take notes from these leading men and actually be romantic.

Whatever happened, we got lazy! 7 Years on and needless to say the romance has faded, we always make excuses: Work, Children, Pets, T.V, Bills, sleep, sleep, eat, shower, right got to change the babies nappy.

See what I mean it's constant there is always something to prevent us from making that little bit of effort! So We're LAZY. Really Lazy.

I remember when I would write a note for Robbie nearly everyday, even if it was I Love you. It would be there when he was leaving for work, or getting into bed. It was just a little romance to say I still care. I remember when we would surprise each other with small gifts nothing too fancy, it might have even just been a home made candlelit dinner. There were lots of things we did for one another, I know a lot changes when you have to provide first but it would still be nice if we made just a small amount of effort.

Now I'm not saying that cleaning the kitchen for me or cooking dinner isn't sweet but it's hardly a romance award.

So hear this with Laue of Spring approaching we will make the effort again, no more excuses. Time to start looking good for each other again, (well it's inevitable for Robbie because he is a bogan so I will have to let that one slide a little) Start leaving notes again. Go out on a date at least once a month without any children, spend more time cuddling on the couch, eat dinner at the table, at least this way we can focus on each other and not the television!!

If there are any other ideas that are simple but thoughtful please feel free to comment.

I know it's not just me, when you get to a comfortable stage you let things go a little, but just don't let it get too far gone. You become complacent and sometimes the sparkle fades. Watch out cause I'm bring back fireworks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment